Building record MYO873 - 3,4 and 5 Shambles
|Grid reference||SE 6045 5190 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (6)
- HOUSE (Early C19, Late C18 to Early C19 - 1800 AD to 1832 AD)
- SHOP (Early C19, Late C18 to Early C19 - 1800 AD to 1832 AD)
- HOUSE (c1970, C20 - 1960 AD to 1980 AD)
- SHOP (c1970, C20 - 1960 AD to 1980 AD)
- OFFICE (converted, C20 - 1970 AD to 1971 AD)
- PUBLIC HOUSE (Built, Late C18 to Early C19 - 1800 AD to 1832 AD)
Pair of houses with shops. Early C19; modernised c1970. Orange-grey brick in Flemish bond, timber shopfront and guttering; pantile roof. EXTERIOR: 3-storey 2-window front. Shopfronts framed in sunk-panel pilasters with moulded cornice and frieze with angle blocks. Shops have small-pane bow windows and part-glazed doors beneath tall 6-pane overlights. Door of 6 sunk panels beneath grilled overlight in centre. 12-pane sash windows on first floor, squat 6-pane sashes on second floor, all with painted sills and cambered arches of orange gauged brick. Box guttering on paired modillions. INTERIOR: not inspected. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 213).
Listing NGR: SE6045451905
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
No further description provided.
NMR, NMR data (Unassigned). SYO2214.
- --- SYO2214 Unassigned: NMR. NMR data.
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2020 2:25PM