Monument record MYO4679 - YORK CITY WALLS Tower 30
Site of semi-circular interval tower on the York City walls, removed shortly after 1822. Probably 1266-1318.
|Grid reference||SE 6062 5218 (point)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
NMR, NMR data (Unassigned). SYO2214.
- --- SYO2214 Unassigned: NMR. NMR data.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Scheduled Monument 1004910: City Walls, gates, posterns (not including the section from Bootham Bar to Monk Bar, N of the Minster, now part of National Monument No 13280), moats, mounds, Bayle (or Baile) Hill, St Leonard's Hospital and Merchant Taylor's Hall, Aldwark
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Part of: YORK CITY WALLS (MONK BAR TO LAYERTHORPE) (Monument) (MYO2008)
- Part of: York City Walls in entirety (Monument) (MYO3631)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS Rampart Monk Bar to Tower 34 (Monument) (MYO4687)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS between Monk Bar and Tower 30 (Monument) (MYO4680)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS between Tower 30 and Tower 31 (Chainage 2300-2400) (Monument) (MYO4681)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 10 2020 4:12PM