Monument record MYO4656 - YORK CITY WALL between Tower 17 and Barker Tower (Chainage 1100-1300)
Includes 2 road arches on Station Road.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5987 5184 (153m by 128m)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
2020, Lendal Arch Bridge inspection (Unpublished document). SYO2448.
- --- SYO2448 Unpublished document: 2020. Lendal Arch Bridge inspection.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Listed Building (I) 463065: BARKER TOWER AND NORTH STREET POSTERN AND CITY WALL FROM BAILE HILL TO BARKER TOWER AND MICKLEGATE BAR AND VICTORIA BAR
- Scheduled Monument 1004910: City Walls, gates, posterns (not including the section from Bootham Bar to Monk Bar, N of the Minster, now part of National Monument No 13280), moats, mounds, Bayle (or Baile) Hill, St Leonard's Hospital and Merchant Taylor's Hall, Aldwark
Related Monuments/Buildings (6)
- Part of: York City Walls (Baille Hill to Barker Tower) (Monument) (MYO1715)
- Part of: York City Walls in entirety (Monument) (MYO3631)
- Related to: Railway arches through City Wall (1839 and 1845-6) (Monument) (MYO3827)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS (BARKER TOWER/NORTH ST POSTERN TOWER) (Monument) (MYO4234)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS (TOWER 17) (Monument) (MYO4655)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS RAMPART (Tower 17 to Barker Tower) (Monument) (MYO4661)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 5 2021 1:20PM