Building record MYO1488 - 5 Goodramgate
|Grid reference||SE 6055 5220 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (4)
United Methodist chapel; now County Court and shops. 1858; converted c1930 to business premises, and c1980 to County Court. Front of stucco with painted brick pilasters over timber shopfronts; rear of orange grey brick in English garden-wall bond; stone-coped slate roof with brick stack on rear gable.
EXTERIOR: 2-storey 5-window gabled front. Shopfronts of sunk-panel pilasters and moulded cornice on ground floor. Upper floor articulated by pilasters with moulded imposts: windows are round-headed with radial-glazed sashes. Centre windows are tripled with fasciated round-arched architraves of pilasters with imposts: outer windows have plain round-arched brick surrounds: all have console keyblocks and are linked by continuous moulded sill. Moulded eaves cornice beneath plain parapet. Rear: ground floor altered. Four round-headed radial glazed sashes survive on first floor, with painted stone sills and brick arches. Louvred oculus in gable end.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
(Borthwick Papers: Royle E: Nonconformity in C19 York: York: 1985-: 14). Listing NGR: SE6055652209
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
613515 Architectural Survey Investigation by RCHME/EH Architectural Survey
BF060244 UNITED METHODIST FREE CHURCH, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued.
NMR, NMR data (Unassigned). SYO2214.
- --- SYO2214 Unassigned: NMR. NMR data.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 5 2020 1:55PM