SE6052SE GOODRAMGATE 1112-1/14/382 (South East side) 24/06/83 No.5
United Methodist chapel; now County Court and shops. 1858; converted c1930 to business premises, and c1980 to County Court. Front of stucco with painted brick pilasters over timber shopfronts; rear of orange grey brick in English garden-wall bond; stone-coped slate roof with brick stack on rear gable. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 5-window gabled front. Shopfronts of sunk-panel pilasters and moulded cornice on ground floor. Upper floor articulated by pilasters with moulded imposts: windows are round-headed with radial-glazed sashes. Centre windows are tripled with fasciated round-arched architraves of pilasters with imposts: outer windows have plain round-arched brick surrounds: all have console keyblocks and are linked by continuous moulded sill. Moulded eaves cornice beneath plain parapet. Rear: ground floor altered. Four round-headed radial glazed sashes survive on first floor, with painted stone sills and brick arches. Louvred oculus in gable end. INTERIOR: not inspected. (Borthwick Papers: Royle E: Nonconformity in C19 York: York: 1985-: 14).
Listing NGR: SE6055652209
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.