Building record MYO1074 - CURATORS HOUSE
|Grid reference||SE 6000 5212 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
Formerly known as: Keeper's House adjoining south-east end of Kings Manor MUSEUM GARDENS. House, now offices and store. 1844. By JB and W Atkinson for the Curator of the Yorkshire Museum (qv). Coursed squared magnesian limestone, much re-used, with ashlar dressings; plain tiled roof with ashlar corniced stacks. Coped gables have shaped kneelers and finials like cushion capitals. STYLE: Gothic Revival. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic; 2-window gabled front to left of 1-storey 1-window front with chamfered eaves course and half-hipped attic dormer. Gabled front has board door with 4-centred head on ornate hinges in moulded architrave. Ground floor windows are mullioned and transomed, of 3 lights to left of door, 2 lights to right: other windows are of 2 mullioned lights: all mullions, transoms and openings are ovolo-moulded and all openings are square-headed and quoined. Dormer has 2-light casement window. Right return: 2-storey 1-window gabled front. Windows are of the same form as main front. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO London: 1975-: 45).
Listing NGR: SE6000152120
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
No additional description provided.
Related event: (UID 613515) INVESTIGATION BY RCHME/EH ARCHITECTURAL SURVEY
14-NOV-1995 - 14-NOV-1995
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 19 2019 11:58AM