SE6052SW HIGH PETERGATE 1112-1/27/459 (North East side) 14/06/54 Nos.12-18 (Even)
Formerly known as: Nos.101-104 HIGH PETERGATE. Row of four tenements, now shops, flats and doctors' surgery. Probably C15 originally, reconstructed c1905 by Temple Moore. Timber-framed, front encased in plaster; left return of brick on ground floor, upper floors rendered with exposed framing, most renewed; timber shopfronts; plain tile roof and brick stacks with stepped brick cornices. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attics; 8-window front, two bays to left end gabled; first floor jettied with exposed framing. Shopfronts framed in posts with brackets at the head beneath delicate dentilled cornice and jetty bressumer: doors are half glazed and panelled with radial fanlights, shop windows bowed or fixed, all with small-pane glazing. Windows on first floor are of 2, 3 or 4-light square lattice casements with moulded timber mullions: attic windows in gables and half-hipped dormers are similar. INTERIOR: not inspected. (Bartholomew City Guides: Hutchinson J and Palliser DM: York: Edinburgh: 1980-: 165; City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 181).
Listing NGR: SE6016852208
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.