SE5951SW HOLGATE ROAD 1112-1/19/491 (North side) 24/06/83 No.92
Former vicarage to Church of St Paul (qv), now house. 1850-51. By JB & W Atkinson. Brick with painted stone dressings. Slate roof, hipped at the left. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and 3 bays. Facade symmetrical, with a stone plinth, 1st floor sill band, and brick pilaster strips to left and right. On the ground floor there are timber canted bay windows with mutuled cornices and with casements facing forwards. Their bases contain blocked cellar window openings. The 1st floor windows are glazing bar sashes with brick flat arches. The central bay has a blind recess. The doorcase has engaged fluted Doric columns, a triglyph frieze, and a mutuled cornice. The gutter is supported by curved timber brackets. Chimneys to left, and placed axially behind ridge towards right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (RCHME: City of York: London: 1972-: 126).
Listing NGR: SE5927551251
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.