SE6051NW LENDAL 1112-1/28/551 (North East side) 14/06/54 Nos.13-23 (Odd)
Formerly known as: Nos.4 AND 6 LENDEL. Three houses, now five shops with offices above. Mid C18; altered and modernised in C20. Orange brick in Flemish bond; timber doorcase, shopfronts and eaves cornice; slate roof with 6 gabled dormers with 2x8-pane horizontal sliding sashes. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 11-window front. C20 shopfronts framed in sunk-panel pilasters with foliate capitals, full-width, partly fluted frieze and moulded dentilled cornice. Pedimented doorcase in centre has sunk-panel jambs with foliate capitals, fluted frieze with garlanded paterae and carved centre panel, and dentilled cornice: door is of 6 raised panels, bordered in flutes and paterae, in fluted architrave. First floor windows are 12-pane sashes with renewed sills and flat arches of gauged brick. Dentil and modillion eaves cornice with 3 inverted bell rainwater heads, 2 enriched with winged cherub heads, left end one dated 1766. INTERIOR: not inspected. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 155).
Listing NGR: SE6011951974
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.