SE6052SE LORD MAYOR'S WALK 1112-1/14/560 (North East side) 24/06/83 No.26 (Formerly Listed as: LORD MAYOR'S WALK Nos.26-34 (Even))
Shop and flats. Early C19. Brick with concrete tile roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and 2 bays. The windows to the upper storeys are glazing bar sashes with segmental brick heads, except for the left-hand window on the 1st floor which is tripartite and bowed with glazing bar sashes and a reeded surround. At the left on the ground floor there is a shopfront with a recessed central doorway and timber pilasters and fascia. To its right there is a doorcase with engaged reeded columns, a panelled frieze, plain cornice and a door with 6 raised and fielded panels. The semicircular overlight has a single vertical glazing bar. To the right there is an entrance to a passageway, with a lintel and a door with 6 sunken panels. A second doorcase at the far right forms part of No.24 (qv). Chimney on right-hand gable. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO: 1975-: 83).
Listing NGR: SE6050752345
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.