SE6051NE ST SAVIOUR'S PLACE 1112-1/17/978 (North side) 20/03/92 No.11
Includes: No.64 ALDWARK. Public house, now office. 1826; remodelled 1962 with reconstructed early C20 shopfront. Orange-brown brick in Flemish bond with timber shopfront and eaves cornice; hipped slate roof with brick end stacks. EXTERIOR: 3-storey 3-window front. Shopfront of plain pilasters and moulded cornice contains half-glazed double doors beneath deep overlight, all with curvilinear glazing bars. Flanking 20-pane shop windows are bowed on shaped brackets. First floor windows are 16-pane sashes, on second floor squat 12-pane sashes, their arches concealed by moulded eaves cornice on shaped brackets. Right return: 3-storey front to Aldwark. Ground floor has replacement tripartite window with 12-pane centre sash. First floor has 12-pane sash and second floor squat 9-pane sash, both with 6-pane windows to left. All windows have renewed stone sills and cambered brick arches. Shopfront brought in 1962 from the Westminster Press Office, Fleet Street, London. INTERIOR: not inspected. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 211).
Listing NGR: SE6070951976
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.