SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1078 (North West side) 14/06/54 Nos.92 AND 94 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.92 AND 94, 96 AND 98)
Pair of houses. 1821. Erected by Joseph Bullock, brickmaker. Brick with slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic. 3 bays. The outer bays on the ground and first floors have tripartite bowed sashes with glazing bars. The other windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. Towards the right there is a flat-roofed attic dormer. The paired doorways share a doorcase with engaged Doric columns, a triglyph frieze, mutuled cornice, and panelled reveals. The doors have 6 raised and fielded panels, and overlight which have margin panes and diagonal glazing bars. A doorway at the left forms part of No.96 The Mount (qv). Modillion gutter cornice. Chimneys on left-hand gable in front of ridge and shared at right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127).
Listing NGR: SE5950351205
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.