SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1091 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.124 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))
House. 1843, altered C20. Stucco with brick chimneys and slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic and cellar. 2 bays. The windows are glazing bar sashes. The ground-floor windows have semicircular heads and are recessed into openings with moulded semicircular arches, keystones, and moulded imposts which form the capitals of pilaster reveals. Above, a storey band replaces a balcony shown in an RCHM photograph. The 1st floor windows have architraves with linked heads, sills and cornices. The 2nd floor windows have lugged architraves and a moulded sill band. Below the dentilled gutter cornice is an enriched frieze. The attic is lit by a dormer with 2 casement windows under a pitched roof. The doorway, at the left, is recessed into a 3rd arched opening similar to those of the windows. The door has 4 sunken panels. Above is an overlight window with glazing bars and a semicircular head. Ridge chimneys to left and right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 127).
Listing NGR: SE5943751139
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.