Building record MYO5076 - 11-13 Parliament Street, The Midland Bank
|Grid reference||SE 6036 5180 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (3)
(301) Midland Bank, No. 13, a three-storey building of brick with a stone front, was built in 1835 as premises of the York City and County Bank to designs by P. F. Robinson and G. T. Andrews (YG, 30 May 1835). Early in the 20th century a large addition was made and the interior was remodelled. The bottom storey was rusticated, with a central entrance recessed between Doric columns (Plate 161). The two upper storeys were divided into five bays by Roman Doric pilasters surmounted by an entablature. An original staircase remained; it had decorative cast-iron balusters. Demolished 1971.
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 5, Central. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1981.
BF060979 THE MIDLAND BANK, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued.
NMR, NMR data (Unassigned). SYO2214.
RCHME, 1981, City of York Volume V: The Central Area (Monograph). SYO65.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 4 2020 11:54AM