Building record MYO4810 - 106 Micklegate
|Grid reference||SE 5982 5156 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (3)
Nos. 106, 108, of the late 18th century, is undistinguished apart from a good entrance. It was probably built in 1778, as the rating assessment was raised in 1779 from £6 to £22. This was another property of W. S. Powell (see (88, 89)), let to private residents until 1822; from then until 1849 it was a girls' boarding school kept by the Misses Harriet Palmer and Elizabeth Ellis. Later in the 19th century a shop front was inserted, and in recent years a warehouse was added behind the ground floor.
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 3, South west (London, 1972), Monument 90
Information derived from NMR
106 Micklegate. A late 18th century three storey house with a 19th century shop front. 20th century warehouse extension to rear.
613515 Architectural Survey Investigation by RCHME/EH Architectural Survey
BF060838 106 MICKLEGATE, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued.
NMR, NMR data (Unassigned). SYO2214.
RCHME, 1972, RCHME City of York Volume III South-west of the Ouse (Monograph). SYO64.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 11 2020 11:42AM