Building record MYO1999 - ST CLEMENTS CHURCH HALL
No summary available.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5986 5113 (26m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
Church hall. 1933. Designed by James Rutherford, of Brierley & Rutherford, the leading York practice of the time. Red brick and concrete frame with imitation stone dressings and pantile roofs. Chamfered brick plinth. Main south front has 3 windows centre flanked by single porches at either end. Centre has two slightly projecting brick rusticated pilasters set between three 3-light casement windows with glazing bars. This section has a low parapet topped with a moulded imitation stone coping. Set back behind are three large dormer windows each with a hipped roof. Each dormer has a large 3-light cross casement window. The flanking porches each have central double doors in moulded imitation ashlar surrounds reached up three steps, above single oval windows with brick surrounds and 4 keystones. Each porch has rusticated brick pilaster-quoins and ornate curved Dutch gables with brick coping. INTERIOR has single open hall with side aisles and a raised stage at one end. Four arched concrete beams support the roof. At the rear this building is attached to No. 16, Cygnet Street, (qv) St Clement's Church House.
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 29 2015 11:50AM