SE6052SE MONKGATE 1112-1/14/736 (North West side) 14/06/54 No.39
House, now guesthouse. Built in 1794 by William Walker. Brick in Flemish bond with slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attic, 2 bays. The facade has a modillion cornice gutter, and a lead hopper and downpipe at the left. The windows are glazing bar sashes with rubbed brick flat arches. The attic is lit by a C20 dormer with a leaded roof and a centre-pivoted window with glazing bars. The doorway, at the right, has a semicircular rubbed brick arch, a fanlight, and a 6-panel door. Shared chimney in front of ridge at left. The right-hand gable wall has been re-faced, probably in the early C20, in red brick. INTERIOR: RCHM records original staircase. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO: 1975-: 88).
Listing NGR: SE6069852415
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.