SE5951SE PARK STREET 1112-1/20/823 (North East side) 24/06/83 No.7
House. Built in 1836 by Thomas Rayson, contractor, for himself. Brick with some stone dressings. Hipped concrete tile roofs. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellars. Main house symmetrical and of 3 bays. One-bay addition to right. The windows of the main house have rusticated stone lintels. On the ground and 1st floors the windows have casements below 2 fixed lights. At the right on the ground floor these fixed lights have margin panes and on the 1st floor they are divided into small panes. The 2nd floor windows are glazing bar sashes. The added bay is slightly taller and has tripartite glazing bar sash windows to each floor, with brick flat arches and has a separate hipped roof. The doorway, in the central bay of the main house, has a pilaster doorcase with modillion cornice, and a 4-panel door with plain overlight. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 128).
Listing NGR: SE5961151170
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.