SE6051NW TANNER ROW 1112-1/28/1057 (South side) No.17 The Corner Pin
House, now public house. Mid C18, with early C19 wing; extended and altered mid C19; further extension in C20. Stuccoed brick with timber screen on ground floor; timber eaves cornice on paired brackets; pantile roof with rendered stacks. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 2-window front. Ground floor screen of plain pilasters with moulded imposts, plain frieze and cornice: door at left end of 6 raised and fielded panels, and diamond lattice fixed light windows over sunk panel risers. On first floor, 4-pane sash window to left; to right, canted bay window with 4-pane centre sash. INTERIOR: mid C19 panelled bar counter. The house was known as 'The Unicorn' public house by 1804. (City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 108).
Listing NGR: SE6001551760
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.