SE 65 SE HOLTBY MAIN STREET (east side)
5/4 Church of the Holy Trinity
Church. 1792 with inserted details of 1881 by J R Naylor of Derby. Red and yellow brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings and plain tile roof. West tower, 3-bay nave with south porch, and apsidal chancel with organ chamber to north. Details in Romanesque style. Plinth and quoins to angles. West front: 3-stage tower with round-headed windows, the first on shafted responds. Belfry level defined by string course. Plain parapet with large gargoyles to angles. Nave: round-headed doorway to porch, and round-headed windows separated by buttresses. Dogtooth detailing to chancel windows. Interior: monument to Thomas Nelson, died 1785; white tablet surmounted by urn on grey mount by Fisher of York. Robert Smithson, died 1845: white tablet on black mount, by Waudby of York.
Listing NGR: SE6751954182
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.