SE6052SW GOODRAMGATE 1112-1/27/417 (East side) 14/06/54 Nos.59 AND 61
Formerly known as: Nos.44 AND 45 GOODRAMGATE. Pair of houses; now shops. c1700 with C19 and C20 alteration; altered late C19 shopfront. Orange-brown brick in Flemish bond with timber shopfront; heavy dentilled cornice, brick stacks and two gabled dormers, one original, with 2x6-pane Yorkshire sashes to pantile roof. EXTERIOR: 2-storeys and attic; 3-bay front. Shopfront of plain pilasters and cornice over grooved console blocks with gablet caps, incorporates original 6-panel rear access door in centre, beneath slatted overlight. No.59 has glazed and panelled double doors between plate glass windows over panelled risers: No.61 has C20 arcaded lights. On first floor, blind opening in centre is flanked by altered 4-pane sash windows with painted stone sills: all have flat arches of orange brick. At right end, cast-iron column stamped W Thomlinson-Walker, York, survives from demolished neighbouring shopfront. Rear: 2 storeys and attic; twin gables linked by coped parapet. Various altered windows retain original segmental brick arches. Raised brick band and brick coping to gables and parapet. INTERIOR: not inspected. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 140).
Listing NGR: SE6047852048
External Links (0)
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.